Monday, June 03, 2002

 

Happy Monday. I am stuck at home because I killed my car battery. I parked in the lot behind my apartment on Friday, probably somewhere around 9 pm. I did not even look in the direction of the car until 1:45 this afternoon. So, when I needed the car to get up and go, to take me to class fast (I was running, well, not late, but more like *exactly, precisely, no-time-for-unusual-occurrences* on time) the car just didn't go, and as I thought back, trying to remember when I had last driven my car, my heart just sunk in my chest. And I knew. I just know. "Like you know about a good melon," to quote When Harry Met Sally. I reached for the cell phone and started dialing. No answer. No car. No cables. Anyone who lives anywhere near me - ARRRRGHHH! - no dice. I just knew that I wouldn't be making it to campus today. And what's worse, I am pretty sure I will end up having to buy a new car battery because, well, I did leave the lights on in my car for, oh, you know, something like 64 hours. Typical.

- posted by laurie @ 6/03/2002 11:36:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment