Friday, September 27, 2002

 

I have no cable, no television. This means that, when I feel sluggish or when I am running late in the morning (which is all the time), I often skip out on my daily dose of Internet news. TV news is so passive - used to be a background feature of my apartment, but no longer.

Anyway, as a responsible citizen with some pretty clear political beliefs, I've decided that head-in-the-ground approaches to the world are no longer an option. So, the NY Times and other national dailies have made a renewed AM apprearance on my desktop.

An interesting portal site was pointed out to me by my friend, Warren, a few days ago. If you want a different perspective on affairs in the Middle East, try Albawaba.com: "The Middle east Gateway." Good counterpoint to American mainstream news coverage.

- posted by laurie @ 9/27/2002 06:52:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment