Thursday, October 17, 2002

 

Tomorrow is my father's birthday. As usual, I was struggling to come up with something to get him, and running late. Always running late, with everything. Ugh.

Anyway, Levenger solved my problems. I love Levenger, but this is the first time I have actually ordered from them (all my Levenger goodies have been presents). Levenger turned up a "Make Note of it" pen for dad - a stylish pen that allows you to record reminders, as well, for those times when you don't have paper handy. This is good because 1) Dad likes gadgets that do unusual or nifty things; and 2) his hands, both his palms and the backs of this hands, are always covered with scribblings because he can't find paper and has to write something down. Maybe this will help? Oh, and since he's going to become an entrepeneur, and he'll have to travel a lot, I got a travel alarm clock, too. Always handy things, travel clocks.

Of course, after I finished getting things for dad, I had to get a few items for myself: I splurged because I've been being very, very good lately. I got myself the ever-cool annotation station, a leather bookweight with post-it notes and page flags attached. Also got a cool drylighter pen and some drylighter refills. I love drylighters, but I'm kind of sad that Levenger appears not to have the pencils themselves anymore, just a refillable stylus, though this does mean I can put pencil leads, colored pencil leads, or the drylighter leads in. But I liked the pencils, with their nifty little sharpener. *sniff*

Still on a seeeerious budget, but I think the next splurge will be on the blog - maybe a pyRad, maybe an upgrade to blogger pro? Hmmmm, we'll have to see . . .

Dad will get his presents on Tuesday. Four days after his birthday. Whoops! I will have to make sure to call tomorrow!

- posted by laurie @ 10/17/2002 11:54:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment