Thursday, November 14, 2002

 

Yesterday was a depressing boring post day, wasn't it? So, I had a physical yesterday, and I'm going to see the doc about my back today. When it rains it pours! I have a feeling that I'm going to visit the doctor about twenty times this year, but I haven't really been in like three years.

Anyway, the nurse doing the physical yesterday was taking my family history, and after hearing about all of the cancer, mental problems, etc. she advised me to take advantage of genetic counseling. "Seek couseling, my child." Wasn't quite that bad, but that was kind of how I feel. Of course, in some perverse way I found the whole thing funny, because doctors and healt care practitioners are generally pretty blase about things in general, and I've managed to raise a few eyebrows with my family history. Colorful as a patchwork quilt, is my family. Of course, as I get toward the age where my body will start breaking down and just not stop, and as I get to the age where having kids is a serious thought, this gets less amusing.

Cats are making a mess. I'll write later!

- posted by laurie @ 11/14/2002 07:37:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment