Wednesday, December 11, 2002

 

I'm saving holiday pennies for one of the cute quackers from The official home of the Rubba Ducks. If you click on the link for the official site (not the store), there's a cute, swing-y little song/flash intro. I love ducks, as anyone who has been in my bathroom may be able to tell you. One guest commented that there were too many in there - impossible, in my opinion. Normally I stick to little yellow duckies, but in the case of these cute little guys, I will make an exception.

I also have to say - I'm savin' pennies for the TMBG Dial-a-Song collection that recently came out. B&N has it for $31.00 or thereabouts, but I have most of the songs already on other albums (it's kind of a 'best of' thing). Pricey, but worht it, I think.

How many pnnies is that? I'd better get out the wrappers, make my little stacks of ten, and start rolling some change, huh?

Not much accomplished today - at least not this evening. I did spend this morning figuring out EXACTLY what I need to do to complete the quantitative methods paper (except for one variable: it lines up in the opposite direction as the rest, and can't be "flipped" - what do I do???). Went shopping for groceries and a ball for physical therapy (see monday post - "wax on, wax off."), got dinner, went to B&N looking for a CD (love it that Eric works at B&N: discounted food, coffee, music, movies, and books. got all of my books for school in the spring semester from B&N - for 30% off!) but didn't buy anything. Then came home to a call from my sis, who is also dealing with end-of-the-semester type issues, as well as with some personal stuff. I try to be supportive, just as she is supportive of me. Chin up, kid! I love you tons!

For anyone who hasn't noticed, I think my sister is one of the coolest people in the entire world. She's an artist. I can't draw a stick figure. When I was her age, I wanted to be a badass. I think she is a badass. I'm not jealous: we're different people, we have different goals (though we are certainly 100% related: for all the differences, we have a lot of the same beliefs, strong motivation, and a weird amount of resilience in the face of the absurdity that qualifies as our family - somthing I don't think I will ever ever ever write about here). But anyway, she just got a job as a bus mechanic. She drives the U MD shuttle busses, and as of winter break, will begin fixing them, too. Maybe she'll teach me something about fixing cars. I always wanted to learn, but never got around to it. Anyway, she seriously rocks, and I hate being so far away from her.

I'm sleepy, but I swore I would do my physical therapy exercises before bed, and then I'll have to read or something to cool down after (um, not like flapping my arm up and down twenty times and doing the"wax on, wax off" exercise is going to make me break a sweat, but still, exercising and then going to bed is a recipe for insomnia and soreness the next day).

I was hoping to be on campus early tomorrow morning, but it looks like I'll be sleeping in a bit. I am so much more productive at night, but then my whole perception of early and late gets warped.

Parting comment before going to flap and wax: has anyone seen my cell phone? Seriously. I lost it somewhere in my travels around the Twin Cities. Of course, it may be in my apartment. But it's on silent, so it's kinda hard to tell.

flap flap flap
wax on, wax off

g'night

- posted by laurie @ 12/11/2002 11:42:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment