Friday, December 13, 2002

 

One last thing before I settle down for the night (away from the computer with the cable modem, anyway!): I'll be gone for the next few days. I must must get the two papers done. One's almost there, one's not as close as I would like.

Oh! and one more completely random thought before I shut myself off from blogger for the weekend: I want another tattoo. After I got out of class today I came this close to walking down the block to the tattoo place near campus and asking to see their book. I absolutely do not have the money, and I haven't gotten one in five years or thereabouts, but I want one! Just one more!

Oh, if I had it all to do over again, I would never have promised my panicky dad I wouldn't get any more. He found out about all of them at once, went a little haywire ("my baby! - my only child! - has five tattoos!" he then called all of the relatives and family friends he could think of and told them how depressed I had made him) and made me promise not to get any more. In the moment, I wanted to say anything to shut hum up and calm him down, and now I find myself bound by a promise I never wanted to make and do not want to keep. A lot of people have told me to just blow it off, I am an adult and can make up my own mind, etc., which is all well and good, I am fully capable of making up my mind for myself, thanks! But I also like to keep promises whenever possible.

All right, that was completely and utterly random. I'm going to curl up with the laptop and write a bit, then get some much-deserved sleep!

- posted by laurie @ 12/13/2002 09:52:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment