Thursday, December 19, 2002

 

Short post - I am zonked and headed for nappyland, but -

I walked out the door at 2:55 to drive to the U and turn in my paper, due at 3:30. It's snowing. Grr. So I clean the car and try to drive at a safe, sane speed. Get to the campus, park, go hand in my paper. Early. Which never ever happens. And then I walked back to the garage, got in my car, and noticed . . .

The perfect, and I mean perfect tape is in my car's tape deck. So I pop it in, rewind to the beginning of side one, and blast the Soup Dragon's "I'm Free" louder than the factory speakers in my Hyundai Acent can really deal with. Pay the attendant, and proceed to drive, blaring that song, through campus, down Fourth, and onto 35W. If it hadn't been snowing, I probably would have been speeding.

I feel liberated. And exhausted. G'night!

- posted by laurie @ 12/19/2002 02:37:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment