Thursday, December 05, 2002

 

What does your name mean? Here's what one source says about mine:
Zodiacal Zephyr: Acrophonology NAME ANALYSIS FOR: Laurie Ann Johnson

Laurie:
You are fair-minded sometimes to the point of being opinionated. You have a strong need to be loved and appreciated. You have much enthusiasm with a driving attitude toward achievement in life. You are soft-hearted with a charitable nature. You enjoy a challenge. You can take thought-directed actions. You are relatively demonstrative in your affections. You enjoy being stroked verbally and physically. You can be quite inventive and quite curious.

Ann:
You have much enthusiasm with a driving attitude toward achievement in life. You can handle details well. You have a methodical mind. You must learn to give 'wise' service and not be a martyr.

Johnson:
You have a love of travel and adventure, and you enjoy sports. You also have a very strong sense of fair play and want justice. You have a great deal of loyalty to those you love. You have much inner strength. You work hard to achieve material success through your own efforts. You must learn to give 'wise' service and not be a martyr. You try to be prudent. You have good business acumen. You need to learn flexibility.

Out of curiosity (because, as a married woman who changed my name, I always wonder about whether 'full name' on these things is legal, given, assumed, whatever), I put in my maiden name.

Farmer:
You have an aptitude for dealing with the public. You would do well in entertainment and politics. You feel secure in group endeavors. You have a need to be up front. You have a lack of confidence in your mental abilities and do not like being forced into giving your opinion. You are always involved with projects and things to do. You need to learn to be expressive. You are a person who cannot tolerate being misunderstood.

The first and the middle seem to be pretty on-target, but I am not sure if the married or the maiden last name, if either, is more accurate. They both seem to be off on some things - like the good business acumen (hello? oh, I didn't pay this month? check by phone? I guess so . . . ) and security in group endeavors - I think working in a group is great, but I honestly prefer to work alone on most things.

BTW: If you didn't know what my birth name was before, you do now. Please, please don't laugh, ok? Elementary school was hard enough. A little, shy, skinny, freckle-faced tomboy (always with messy hair, usually on the grubby side, and hardly ever wearing the "right" thing) with the last name "Farmer" is an easy target. Changing my name when I got married wasn't because I'm not feminist (friends and readers: you know this isn't the case at all!) or because I was bowing to the powers of a patriarchal society where I am given by father to husband through the marriage contract or some such crap - I changed my name because I hated my maiden name. I planned all my life to do so. Of course, my kind-hearted friends and coworkers instantly pointed out, after I got engaged, that hypenating to "Farmer-Johnson" would be a really good idea. Yeah, maybe for those who wanted the surname-associated torture to last my entire life, sure. Thanks, I'm happy being a semi-anonymous Johnson adrift on the sea of Johnsons here in Minnesota. Suits me just fine!

Oh, by the way, associational linking creadits for this go to: whoever linked to memex from the ad on littlelioness.net and made it show up in my stats, and to http://littlelioness.net/, from whose site I got to http://drunken.azn-bish.com/, where the name analysis site was linked.

- posted by laurie @ 12/05/2002 04:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment