Sunday, January 05, 2003

 

*whew*

Grades are now available (so everyone at the U - to Onestop! Make haste!). Just as everyone said I would, I did fine. Wish I had less performance/test anxiety, and as much faith in myself as everyone else has.

My sincere thanks to everyone who supported, or even just tolerated, my anxiety attacks, freak-outs, and so on. You all should know who you are. I send great big hugs to all of you. You put up with me when I was the world's largest pain in the butt. And I know he doesn't read this, but I still have to say the biggest and most heartfelt thanks to Eric. Boy, does he get the brunt of the end-of-the-semester craziness I bring upon myself twice a year (thrice, if summer classes are involved). I don't think it would have been possible for me to have found a better life partner. And without him, I probably wouldn't be where I am now.

Susan and Kristin also need to be mentioned by name. You guys are my family, and I rely upon you as much now as I did when I was significantly closer (maybe even more).

Next semester I am only taking three classes, as opposed to the insane four of last semester. I'm actually excited about all of them, but nervous about Psychology of Language - required for the Cognitive Science minor. I still get the feeling I might be in over my head with this minor, but I am going to tough it out! I love making intersting interdisciplinary connections, but doing so means venturing out of the safe space that is my home department, my own field, where I know the major figures, the first- and second-tier journals, the history of the discipline, But to be cliche, to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. And believe me, I'm trying. But I think I am still taking baby-steps with the social sciences classes, and boy, am I scared of the Comp.Sci. AI course. I'll have to program. Haven't done that since BASIC on an Apple II E in high school. I'm sure that'll come in really handy, hmm?

I'm off to try and figure out finances, see which bills to pay before, and which after, the Bahamas trip. Ick. That's part of why this is such a long post. I really don't want to do it, but it has to be done, you know?

- posted by laurie @ 1/05/2003 11:03:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment