Saturday, March 29, 2003

 

Have you ever written a blog post only to realize that, while it says exactly what you mean, you can't post it? Some things were meant to go in the paper journal, and not the online one. Perhaps I should look into paper journals, but those who are near and dear to me know that, for all that I seem to be addicted to blogging, I can't keep a paper journal to save my life. I don't get on well with paper-based communications technologies.Anyway, there wasn't anything scandalous or mean-spirited in the blog post mentioned above, just a lot of thoughts about life, the universe, and everything inspired by some profound birthday-related navel-gazing.

I'm thoroughly exhausted and feeling a little sick to my stomach, for no apparent reason. I'm going to try and stay awake until Eric gets home, but next on my "to-do" list is read an 18-page article for my cogsci class: "Sentence processing in children with early unilateral brain injury." From the journal Brain and Language. Now why, pray tell, would I fear nodding off during this one? The titles of both article and journal are thrilling, provocative, even! At least it's only 18 pages - and the only reading for the class. If I can get this done tonight, I will be all read up for classes until Thursday - and I only have to read for the cogsci class for Thursday, because the other Thursday class has been cancelled. I will still have class on my birthday, but only one. Perhaps after I get out of class on Thursday morning I can go harass Eric at work (but only a bit - the district manager is in town this coming week) and go shopping at the MOA. Origins sent me a happy birthday gift certificate (the only birhtday greetings I have received to date) and it is hanging on the refirgerator, just begging me to go out and use it. And I will - once payday rolls around. CCCC in NYC was fun, but a good way to drive a grad student into the poorhouse. Reminding me, I still haven't done much in the way of a wrteup on NYC and, if nothing else, I have got to tell the ring story. It's funny, but funnier if you know me fairly well and know Canal Street in NYC, as well. That'll be the next blog post, I swear. No, really, I swear!

- posted by laurie @ 3/29/2003 08:57:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment