Saturday, April 19, 2003

 

Friday Five for yesterday, and last week, because I am a flake.

1. Who is your favorite celebrity?
This changes frequently. The creature-of-habit me says, the Dead Poets Society Guys (all of them, but Robert Sean Leonard and Ethan Hawke the most, followed by Josh Charles, and that cutie-pie extra you can see in the through-the-legs shot right at the end of the movie, because he looks like a kid I had a huge crush on in jr. high). The slightly less habit-driven me says, well, I like Susan Sarandon an awful lot, and I currently am very impressed with Ed Norton, and Drew Barrymore is a cutie, and Chete Lera is really good as the psychologist in "Abre los Ojos."
2. Who is your least favorite?
Angelina Jolie creeps me out. The girls and boys of today's scary pop music scene annoy me. And Keanu Reeves, pretty though he is, can't act his way out of a paper bag. I still think the Bill and Ted's movies were the best thing he did - he was good in those and, for what they were, they were awesome!
3. Have you ever met or seen any celebrities in real life?Yep. Lived next door to the kid that was in Cocoon and the Neverending Story, briefly. Lots of other "close encounters": Lindsay bumped into Ethan Hawke, quite literally, while she and I were at a benefit for his theater troupe. Robert Sean Leonard, Frank Whaley, Lisa Loeb, and Danny DeVito were at the same benefit, among other celebs. Went to school with people with various television-and-film connections. Saw BonJovi on Melrose. Saw Heidi Fleiss in Santa Monica - someone I was with yelled her name and she turned around and waved at us. I am sure there's more, but I am blanking.
4. Would you want to be famous? Why or why not?
Nope. Because I like being me, and I think true fame inevitably changes who a person is.
5. If you had to trade places with a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why?
Cameron Diaz. Not sure why, but she just came to mind, and yeah, I think she'd be fun to be. She looks like a genuinely nice person who enjoys herself.

and now for last week's . . . (stolen from Kara's blog, since they're not up on the FF site)

Friday, April 11, 2003
Friday Five
1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
not sure - my dad took me to see some shows when I was little, but I think that, like Kara, I have to confess that NKOTB was my forst concert. I had seventh-row floor seats, because a guy in my eighth-grade social studies classes won them on the radio. He was going to do something like rip them up or burn them, but I bought them, I think for about $15.00 each. I think I went with Heather, but I know we were chauffered by Mrs. DeBernardis, who was taking my sister, Julia DeBernardis, and some other seven-year-olds to the concert, as well. I was about out of the NKOTB phase, but I'd never seen them, and the seats were soooo good, I just couldn't resist.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
They Might Be Giants. Hands down. They rock my world, make me happy, and make me bounce uncontrollably when certain songs play. Loved them since 1990, though I liked them ever since I saw the "Don't Let's Start" video on Nick Rocks!, the 80s Nickelodeon video show, circa 1984?5?
3. What's your favorite song?
Um, about half of what TMBG have put out, and some other random stuff. There's no way to narrow.
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
Piano? I played for a few years, and I liked it. I'd like something simple and mainstream, like piano or guitar. I bought a bass once, but never learned to play, really, and sold it to a friend for some cash and a cappuccino machine.
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
John Linnell from They Might Be Giants. Because I have met Flans twice, and gotten his autograph twice, and I'd like to have Linnell's, as well. And the Band of Dans, too!

- posted by laurie @ 4/19/2003 04:39:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment