Thursday, April 10, 2003

 

Guess what, everyone? Laurie's blogging wireless! Woo-hoo! I'm sitting in my office right now, waiting for the office computer to finish its latest fit of convulsions so I can do my work, and blogging on my laptop! I got my very own wireless card today, yay! This AirPort thing rocks! I really need a wireless access point for my housie so I can wander around and compute (read: blog and check email) everywhere - the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen, the bathroom - oh, wait, that last one's not necessary! :) Someone shoot me when we get to that level of connectivity saturation - though I am sure there are people that are already that connected. Anyway, just wanted to say that the U of MN College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences, of which the Dept. of Rhetoric is a part for weird historical reasons, is absolutely the best for finding a way to provide a good number of students and instructors with wireless cards.

Now to go to circuit city and get the wireless/ethernet router - probably the netgear one, as netgear seems to be the only company willing to claim copatibility with and support for Macs (other companies kind of suggest it'll probably work, but if it doesn't, and if it screws up your computer, they're so not responsible because any Mac use is completely at your own risk. That, lemme tell ya. translates into complete consumer confidence!

The Evil One - uh, desktop here in the office - seems to have stopped shuddering and locking up, so I need to get back to work. Toodles!

- posted by laurie @ 4/10/2003 04:08:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment