Saturday, April 19, 2003

 

Thanks to coffee at late, late hours, I am one of the few people up to appreciate this:

We are currently experiencing a wonderful thunderstorm. Heavy rain, loud, rolling thunder, and big, room-illuminating lightning. I have always been fascinated by thunderstorms. I love them! They are, in fact, the thing that I most missed about the East Coast while living on the West Coast (besides Fall - c'mon, a whole season, or a thunderstorm?)

Here's to 3 am storms and the coffee that allows me to be awake for them. The little sister was right - it's Friday night - I should do what I enjoy: consume caffeine and stormwatch.

If only it were warmer and I could go splash, barefoot, in the downpour. I'll bet there are some great puddles forming in the parking lot behind my building. I;m tempted to do it anyway, but the weather site says it's in the low 40s and I absolutlety can not be sick right now! So I'll have to watch and listen from here.

And I am logging off - that last clap of thunder shook the building. Glad I have a surge protector and an extended warranty (including surge coverage) on the laptop!

- posted by laurie @ 4/19/2003 12:58:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment