Thursday, May 29, 2003

 

and today's update . . .

Well, not averaging over quota any more, but I'm stll pretty close. I had a good night tonight even if my total donations were a teeny bit on the low side. I met teachers and artists and a very cool woman who was not only interested in renewable energy and willing to support, but who also invited me in and asked if I needed water or anything - these people are gems when you're out going door-to-door for four hours: drinks, offers for use of the bathroom, even offers to have a seat and chat (giving the poor footies a needed break). These small gestures mean just tons!

My first payday is tomorrow. Yay! Not too much, of course, but enough to get by on, certainly. All in all, the weather's been beautiful, the people have been caring and interested, and my canvassing partners have been pretty cool, as well. One of the reasons I wanted to go back to canvassing was the people: I never would have met any of these people in the normal course of events, but they're all interesting, with great life stories and fascinating experiences.

In other news: I had an eye exam today. I had my pupils dilated for the first time in a very long time, and the light sensitivity that resulted was toned down by the time I hit turf tonight, but the first hour or so of canvassing was still a bit painful. I have a prescription for some new specs and will likely be getting contacts! The doctor said I really don't need the toric lenses for astigmatism, which means that the lenses will be much more affordable than when I tried them last time (and my eyes were so weird that they had to special order a toric lens for my left eye). I'm wondering if my eyes have changed that much, or if lenscrafters was just completely snowing me and charging me for every concievable thing. Considering that I had my exam there, as well, I tend to go with the latter.

- posted by laurie @ 5/29/2003 09:27:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment