Wednesday, June 18, 2003

 

(re)emergence

um, hi there. long time, no blog. i know. i'm sorry. so sorry that i am even using all lowercase (well, that and 'shift' seems like an extra step - totally not necessary).

my grandfather died a few weeks ago. i haven't had to deal with death since elementary school, and let's just say i didn't deal with it particularly well in this instance. my grandfather was a pretty cool person, but had been ill for some time. He was a judge, a very intelligent man, and a wonderful, caring and really fun grandfather.

i've actually got a ton more to write (Eric's new job, the possibility of moving, finally actually registering for the MS Challenge Walk, but it's getting a bit late (we're becoming morning people, apparently, since Eric's got to be at work at 8:30 these days). i've got to get up early and continue with the newly-established morning routine: yoga and a brisk training walk. no coffee until these are completed . . . and that's enough of a bribe (can you bribe yourself??) to make me walk a few miles at 7:30 or 8 am.

By the way, you can get more info on the challenge walk here. I'm officially registered and will officially begin my fundraising efforts soon! Look for a link to my e-pledge page in the near future (as soon as the MS Society notifies me that it's ready . . . ).

In the meantime, if you'd like to help me get a jump on the daunting task of raising a minimum of $1,500.00 (I think more is possible, we'll see . . . ), drop me a line.

Along those lines, for those with the number, um, don't call the cell for right now. It's acting weird to begin with and I have completely mislaid the charger, to top it all off. Grrrrrrrrr!

Good to be back. See y'all soon!

- posted by laurie @ 6/18/2003 09:17:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment