Sunday, August 03, 2003

 

Well, this one's all over the internet: The Pew Internet & American Life Project released a report on downloading/filesharing and copyright on Thursday. For interesting commentary see Slashdot | Pew Study: File Traders Don't Care About Copyright. Slashdotters seem not at all surprised by the finding that p2p users don't care about copyright laws or their possible violation. I'd have to agree.

I have not had a chance to read through the whole report yet, but I'm interested in one of the sections listed in the table of contents: this section heading more or less states that file sharers are as numerous as downloaders. Now, this contradicts other reports I have read (there's an article, Free Riding on Gnutella, over at First Monday, for example, and I've seen the topic of freeloaders and superpeers all over message boards and other discussion spaces).

- posted by laurie @ 8/03/2003 08:46:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment