Tuesday, October 07, 2003

 
Bit o' rnadomness, plea for help, and a prediction of silence . . .

Clancy's post from Sunday is great. The Weight Watchers recipe cards from 1974 are either hysterical or frightening, and I'm not sure which sentiment actually wins out here!

As for Mr. Randy Constan, I think Clancy's totally right. More people like this and the world would be a lot more fun, a lot more interesting, and a lot more full of people willing to embrace the varied and contradictory aspects of contemporary life.

Totally apart from that, I'm taking a blogging hiatus until at least Friday: I've got family in town midweek, I'm feeling a bit under the weather, and I am busy as all get-out with school. All at the same time. Joy.

final thing: I'm very seriously considering changing this blog back to the original, focused research site it was intended to be when I started it up. If that were to be the case, I'd split this blog in two, and use one of my other (now-dormant) blogs for non-research stuff. Is it time to wake up a snoozing blog, or are things good the way they are here at the Memex, with the totally random research-personal-news jumble? Really, I want to know, so e-mail or weigh in down below. I'll take appropriate (in)action when I emerge from the other side of this week.

- posted by laurie @ 10/07/2003 04:18:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment