Friday, October 03, 2003

 
the friday five for October 3

the friday five:

1. What vehicle do you drive?
I have a silver hatchback 1999 Hyundai Accent named Petunia. A former coworker helped me name the car by insisting that the car looks like a pig - so I named her after Porky Pig's girlfriend.

2. How long have you had it?
I got the car brand-spankin' new on October 4, 1999. End of the model-year sale. Not one of the most intelligent choices I've ever made, given that I was in my last year as an undergraduate and knew that I was headed to grad school for the entire loan repayment period, but oh, well.

3. What is the coolest feature on your vehicle?
It's a very basic car - manual transmission with, like, no added goodies. I'd have to say its best features are its fuel efficiency and its dependability. Oh, and having a hatchback is sometimes quite handy.

4. What is the most annoying thing about your vehicle?
It's teeeeeeeny. While the car's name may be Petunia, it's more frequently referred to as the "clown car." Seeing Eric trying to fold all of his 6'4" self into the car is generally amusing.

5. If money were no object, what vehicle would you be driving right now?
If money were absolutely no object, I'd trade in the Accent for two vehicles: a motorcycle (probably a Harley), and either an electric or (more likely) a gas/electric hybrid like the Toyota Prius, the Honda Insight, or the Honda Civic Hybrid.

- posted by laurie @ 10/03/2003 02:22:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment