Wednesday, October 22, 2003

 
I want to go . . .

. . . to this conference:Battling for Ownership: Who Controls Music, Film, Publishing, and Visual Communications?

Not only is it my area of interest exactly, and a very good motivator to work further on my prospective dissertation topic, but the list of participants looks wonderful. It looks as if there will be people representing a variety of viewpoints, which should make conversations quite lively. I am sure there will be a number of good presentations. Besides, it's in Florida in April!

I am adding this to my "conference wish list," which right now includes CCCC in San Antonio and ICA in New Orleans.

Take into consideration that I went to a conference in Toronto this past week, that I am going to Columbus this weekend, that we're trying to go to Southern California for Spring Break to meet my brother-in-law's fiancee, that Eric has to attend the bachelor party in D.C. sometime in the spring, and that the actual wedding will require travel to Southern California again in July (not to mention purchase of appropriate clothing) and, well, we need a bigger travel budget. And, as that's not highly likely, I guess that the elimination of conferences will be in the offing (of course, I'd have to get accepted to conferences to justify going . . . )

- posted by laurie @ 10/22/2003 06:23:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment