Tuesday, February 24, 2004

 
I am so p'd off!

I was dong things around the house this morning, TV on in the background for niose, when all of a sudden, breaking news - and there's Pres. Bush. I sat down and watched, growing more and more horrified, as he made his case for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. I'm still pretty worked up about the whole thing, so specific rebuttals will have to wait until later. If you'd like to see for yourself what Bush said, the Washington Post offers a Transcript: Bush Backs Amendment Banning Gay Marriage

I so fundamentally disagree with his prespective, I don't even know where I would start if I cared to argue my own position. I don't see how it is possible to look at a ban on gay marriage and not see human and civil rights issues of all kinds.


**edit** Scott's got a concise, cogent response.
Ooh, my activist tendencies have gotten all riled up again. Anyone want to go protest?

- posted by laurie @ 2/24/2004 10:22:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment