Wednesday, March 31, 2004

 
That cat I've been talking about - well, here it comes, out of its bag.

I've cryptically mentioned a few times over the last few months that I've been posting less for a reason to be revealed later. Later has arrived, and very simply, that reason is a baby. As in, we're having one. I have been kind of reluctant to post anything here until after the beginning of the second trimester (which I entered this week). Our first little one should make her or his appearance sometime around September 27. Quite understandably, I think, pregnancy and impending parenthood have been taking up a very large portion of my thoughts and energy, and yet I didn't want to gab about it all on the internet during the statistically more dangerous first three months, so I've been posting less.

By the way, in case it's not coming through (it's early, and I'm not caffeinating the way I used to), I'm thrilled - we're thrilled - that we're about to start a family. So are our parents and siblings. Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know!

- posted by laurie @ 3/31/2004 04:22:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment