Monday, March 29, 2004

 
Why does it take so long to publish books????

I was hoping Siva Vaidhyanathan's new book, The Anarchist in the Library: How the Clash Between Freedom and Control is Hacking the Real World and Crashing the System would be out in time for my birthday this year (which is Saturday, for the unenlightened/forgetful). Apparently I'll have to wait another ten days, but considering I've been stalking this page on Amazon for oh, a year now, I guess another week or so won't kill me.

Anyway, I already received the best birthday present ever in the whole wide world. My sister was here for a visit last week (she spent her spring break more or less on my couch), and she brought with her the first season of The X-Files on DVD, just for me. Few people knew what a closet X-Files freak I am, but I guess that one's out of the bag now.

And I've been keeping quiet these days in part because of something else I'll be letting out of the bag soon . . . though a lot of you (oh, my two readers) already know. That and the fact that our computer's death-throes became increasingly more serious. So we ordered a new one. And got it. And it didn't work - we would have had to reinstall the OS, all drivers, and all other software. Given that we ordered a pretty highly customized machine, that's just not acceptable. Anyway, we should hopefully have a working machine at home soon, which will make blogging much easier, yes?

- posted by laurie @ 3/29/2004 11:01:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment