Tuesday, September 07, 2004

 
Still here . . . still going.

Whew. I'm exhausted. Today is the first day of the Fall semester around here, which means that I have spent the last few days making a website, tweaking the template (then breaking the template, then tweaking the template . . . must become much better at CSS) for the class, getting the course management system up and running. Then emailing students. Then fielding questions from them. Then trying to figure out why, even though WebCT supposedly is synchronized with registration records, I have two students who weren't on the WebCT roster but were on the official University roster.

Still have a cold. Still feel generally miserable, between the cold and the joys of late pregnancy. As with a recent post, I think I must sign off to have a nap. Napping is instrumental to my ability to function these days.

After the nap, I think I'm going to try to set up the newly-purchase AirPort Express and see if, just maybe, we can get all computers in this house online. By the way, I now know the difference between the AirPort Base Station and the AirPort Express (besides the very obvious $70.00): former can support 50 computers and has two ethernet ports; latter can support 10 computers and only has one ethernet port. Theoretically, my current wireless/ethernet router can serve as a bridge, and that way I have all the ethernet ports I want (four on the router plus one on the express). I will never, that I can foresee, have the need or the inclination to manage a wireless network with more than 10 computers.

By the way, if anyone knows how that using-the-router-as-some-extra-ethernet-ports works, feel free to let me know!

- posted by laurie @ 9/07/2004 03:20:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment