Thursday, October 14, 2004

 
Blogging from Babyland

The little one turns two two weeks old today. It's kind of unbelievable that fifteen days ago I was still pregnant, dealing with contractions, and wondering if the baby would ever make an appearance. Now, I'm wondering if she'll ever sleep longer than three hours (we probably average two hours, but there was an almost four-hour stretch of sleep last night, made less cool by the fact that it followed a two-hour-long crying jag). But sleep deprivation aside, she's pretty spectacular. I'll have to post a picture or two here soon - have to resize them first!

Anyway, Eric and I have been hanging around the house for the last week and a half, enjoying some quality time together with the little one and adjusting to life as a little family, with a very new addition at the dead center of the arrangement. He goes back to work on Monday, which is a little sad, but then again, someone has to make money around here, and as a grad student, it certainly isn't me right now!! At least I'm feeling mostly human again: my body is, generally, much happeir than it was even a few days ago. And while pre-pregnancy clothes are still a long way off, I've managed to fit into a few things that I haven't been able to wear for several months - yay!

So, next week, we begin the new routine, with me staying home with baby during the day while teaching online and working on school, as well - though I have a feeling that much of that work will have to take place after Eric gets home!

Well, someone's fussy, so I'm going to end here for now!

- posted by laurie @ 10/14/2004 09:09:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment