Sunday, December 19, 2004

 
Another week . . . and a couple of days

yes, I'm not doing so well at the posting regularly thing, still. Baby + end of the semester = infrequent blogging. There's been quite a bit going on in the IP world, which I hope to get gaught up on soon. I've got a few nuggets I hope to post over the next few days. For now, though, just a bit of a personal post.

Two posts before this one, I wrote about my mom being ill. Well, she's now out of the hospital, but it appears that she might not be doing too well, at all. She's going to see another doctor soon, and we'll know more then, and until then I am trying to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Anyone who'd like to join me in crossing of digits and wishing good things her way is more than welcome to.

I am still in grading hell. The last batch of assignments is trickling in from my students, and I'm looking at grading, grading, and a bit more grading through the 24th, at least. Blech.

For diversion today, I did a bit of blog browsing. Over at Arete I found that Krista had posted a link to this quiz. Somewhere Eric and I have a Gorey poster that is the ABCs of Gorey deaths (from which I am guessing this quiz is drawn). Anyway, there's nothing like a silly quiz to kill a bit of time, and I am a Gorey fan, so . . .

My results:

Don't Trip
You will be smothered under a rug. You're a little
anti-social, and may want to start gaining new
social skills by making prank phone calls.


What horrible Edward Gorey Death will you die?
brought to you by Quizilla

Given the semester I've had, it feels kind of appropriate. Next semester, I hopefully will be on campus a lot more, and I'll work on those social skills - maybe skip the prank calls, though. I've never been much good at them.

- posted by laurie @ 12/19/2004 12:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment