Thursday, March 31, 2005

 
Only emerging to bitch

I know it's been a long time. Yes, I was healthy enough to make it to SF. More on that later, I guess.

What really inspired me to log in and write a post is my extreme frustration with technology:
-MS Word freezes (on my laotop) every time I save.
-I can't get my email. Either using Entourage, my Mac default, or by logging in to UMN Webmail.
-My laptop won't recognize my flash drive.
-When I try to restart to see if that will resolve the problem, the laptop won't restart easily. Or it hangs in the boot process, and I have to force quit and start all over again.

What in the hell is wrong with my computer?

How come I seem to be able to kill technological gadgets simply by being present?

Why did this have to happen when there's a proposal deadline coming up, and when I had just written the killer conference proposal (which got lost when I rebooted for the second time after being unable to save)?

Why did it have to happen when I have a serious grading jag planned, a jag which I was planning to accpmplish primarily using laptop and flash drive?

Why?

I might have to haul it in to the Apple Store. Extended warranty. Thank god.

Now I will go back to silent mode, from which I emerged only to vent. Bad blogger. Bad.
. . .

- posted by laurie @ 3/31/2005 01:31:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment