Saturday, April 30, 2005

 
In Memory

My mother passed away a week ago today. I have been back in Maryland for the past several days helping with arrangements and laying her to rest.

My mom had Multiple Sclerosis, and was diagnosed with it early in my childhood. She also battled breast cancer in the late 1980s. In 1996, she moved into a nursing home. She would have been there for nine years in May. She would have turned 61 in July. We lost her too soon, but she suffered for a long time, and she is in a better place now - one where she can move freely, where she controls her body and not the reverse. Where she can dance. She was a brave and loving and giving person, and she will be sorely missed.

I could say more, and I want to post some lovely pictures of my mother that we found on this trip, but right now I am exhausted, physically and emotionally.

- posted by laurie @ 4/30/2005 09:54:00 PM
Comments:
Oh Laurie! I had no idea. Thanks for posting the lovely photos of her. I think the photos make it seem more real to me in a way, since I have similar photos of my mom, and she's not much older than yours. The news of your mom's death breaks my heart. I can only imagine how you are feeling. My heart goes out to you and your family.
 
Thanks for the sympathy. I appreciate it.
 
I'm terribly sorry for your loss as well, Laurie. I wish your daughter could have grown up knowing her grandmother...however, I agree with you that she's in a better place now.
 
Post a Comment