Thursday, May 12, 2005

 
Happy Anniversary

I skipped putting up the mother's day post I wrote, for various reasons, but I will not skip letting everyone out there know that Eric and I reach a pretty cool milestone today: as of today, we have been married for five years. Congratulations to us! Come on, everyone, wish us a happy anniversary and many more to come. Aww, thanks!

Sorry, I am a little punchy: sleep-deprived, under grading stress, doing a pile of paperwork for exams, recovering from two back-to-back interviews for summer employment on Monday, and being happy happy happy about this day.

The past five years have been wonderful and challneging, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. Hope no one takes this as gloating - I am just in a great celebratory mood - but I have a loving and supportive partnership with I guess what you might call my college sweetheart (I wouldn't, but others have. Why fight it?).

The recently-arrived wonderful little one has definitely changed things for us, but really, that's all been for the best (though the three of us went out yesterday afternoon in search of little anniversary gifts for Eric and me to give one another, and we came home with practically nothing for ourselves but lots of cute summery clothes for the wee one).

Plans for celebrating include the little family trip yesterday and a nice dinner out this evening. I'd love to go to the Melting Pot (and they even sent a gift certificate for our anniversary), but we can't ever get out of there in under three hours, and while the Minneapolis location does have high chairs, they have about the least baby-friendly restrooms I have ever seen. No changing table even in the ladies' room, and no alternate space for changing a diaper - an inevitability with a seven-and-a-half month old baby and a three-hour dining experience. Even the vanity tops in the restroom are narrow, with chic cut-outs between the sinks for hidden waste receptacles, which means a counter without a single space wide enough to accomodate a wiggling baby butt. And I will not put my kid on the floor of a restroom to change her - even a fancy and well-maintained one such as the Melting Pot has. See what I mean about the baby changing things? But we want her to be a part of our anniversary celebration, so no fondue.

Maybe it's that I have had too much caffeine (almost always a possibility), but I am definitely bouncy today - even though it's May and the current weather here is 36 and raining.

I've got to learn to hold back on the parentheticals some, you think?

- posted by laurie @ 5/12/2005 11:31:00 AM
Comments:
Congratulations! I wish you many years of happiness together. :)
 
Post a Comment