Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 
Yay!

Another semester done and over with. Grades were in this afternoon before the end of the business day - I think this may be some kind of record for me. Usually if I have a midnight deadline (and grades were due 11 minutes ago) I will be entering final grades at 11:55 and hoping there's not an ill-timed server crash or something equally disastrous.

Also in the good news department: I found a cheap ticket to Cleveland, and also got a good deal on a rental car, so I will not have to drive 14 hours to Kent State and another 14 hours home (AND I will be mobile while in Ohio for only slightly more than a cab to and from the airport would cost). This also means that I will arrive home sooner and have more time with my in-laws (parents and brother and sister), who have planned visits that overlap the RSA institute.

In the bad news department, however: while I had two good interviews last Monday, neither of my interviews bore fruit - in other words, I am at loose ends for the summer. Not sure what to do about this. On the one hand, I need to read for exams, and no work means more time to read. On the other hand, daycare and rent and cell phone and broadband and credit card bills still need to be paid.

Has anyone else out there seen the Malcolm in the Middle episode where Dewey experiences "money day"? I wish . . .

- posted by laurie @ 5/18/2005 10:11:00 PM
Comments:
money day is awesome...
 
Post a Comment