Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 
A Big-Girl Car


newcar
Originally uploaded by johnsonla.

After months of research and more than a week of serious looking, we are now the owners of a pretty Phantom Gray 2003 Toyota Camry. And I think we got a pretty good deal on it, if I do say so myself!

A former corporate fleet car, our new acquisition is a bit high where mileage is concerned, but a mechanic friend said it looked clean and well-maintained and should run for a long time if we maintain it properly. The car features side curtain air bags, which was the biggest selling point for us.

Though the car is replacing my battered 99 Hyundai Accent, into which the car seat would barely fit (but to get the baby in and out required parental gymnastics), this is very definitely a family purchase, a communal vehicle for the toting of child and running of errands, etc.

Now all I have to do is wait for the state to issue me a title for my Hyundai (that's another story), and then we can get rid of it! (I feel I have to add here, though, that while teeny and very bare-bones, my Accent was the perfect college and grad school car. Low purchase and maintenance costs, dependable, and high gas mileage.)Anyone want to buy a car cheap?


- posted by laurie @ 7/26/2005 06:35:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment