Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 
Montgomery County District Adopts Handheld-to-Web Assessment Tool for Early Learners

In a query about using PDAs in first-year composition on the TechRhet list, someone linked to this article about the use of handhelds for assesment of literacy skills in the elementary classroom. Not only does this sound like a very cool use of technology - one which assists teachers in the classroom and allows them to do quickly what used to take weeks - but this is going on in the school district where I attended school for most of my k-12 years. I wish I knew more about the literacy assessment tools the teachers are actually being given pre-loaded on these handhelds, because although this sounds like a very innovative use of technologies, if it's heavily involved in the teaching-to-the-test, no-child-left-behind nonsense, I'm less thrilled.

- posted by laurie @ 7/19/2005 09:40:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment