Wednesday, October 12, 2005

 
If I only had a brain

Ladies and gentlemen, I think I still do. Have a brain, that is. I have been puzzling over some ideas having to do with feminism, intellectual property, and international issues. For MONTHS. I have primarily been banging my head against _____ (you name it: computer screen, keyboard, books, journal articles, my kitchen couter - wait, that's because of dirty dishes and the messy lunacy that is feeding a one-year-old).

As a result of good papers, good converstation, and good companions at the Feminism(s) and Rhetoric(s) conference, I think that my cerebral wheels have started turning at a much more rapid pace. I am really excited about a few new - and more concrete - ideas that I had while at the conference! I am floating them by a few professors in the upcoming weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me, y'all!

And even though I have just shown myself I am still smart (see the recent post over at Arete about surviving imposter syndrome), those papers won't grade themselves, now, will they?

Onward . . .

- posted by laurie @ 10/12/2005 05:40:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment